Thursday, July 3, 2008

Our Daily Bread

None of us know what today holds, all that we know is that our Heavenly Father holds today. Today could be a day where everything falls into place and we joyfully go about our day. Or today could be a day where trials await us at every turn. In Matthew 6:11 it says "Give us today our daily bread...." I take that to mean that He will give us just enough of Him to make it through the day. We get what we need for the day. Just like in Exodus 16 they got enough manna for one day. He doesn't give us an overflow that last us for weeks, he wants us to come back everyday and ask for our daily bread. He knows we need time with Him each and every day. I don't know about you, but I sometimes struggle with reading my Bible and praying like I should. I, more than anything, desire to be the woman God wants me to be. I want to overflow with the fruits of the spirit whether I am having an easy day or a day full of trials.

6 comments:

Joy said...

I am so like you! To have fruit falling off my tree (funny how it sounds huh LOL). NO matter what life throws at us we are still on our way to heaven right? So why should be get so upset over wordly things...awww I think it all comes back to "ITs not about us but all about HIM" keeping our eyes on Jesus. As soon as Peter took his eyes off the Lord he started sinking right, so maybe when we feel something not going right we need to recheck our main focus. Amen sister! Hope you are having a great day and find a place for the kitty!

Leanne said...

I found a place for the kitty alright! Thanks Cowgirl!

Joy said...

You are more than welcome!!! He/she has been sleeping away the day on the deck. OH to be a cat right...LOL

Joy said...

Like the new look!

In The Masters Hands said...

I enjoyed this post and you are absolutely right, we do need the Lord each and every day, all day long. Thanks for the encouragement. Brandie

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

very well written and to the point!
I will enjoy reading more of your post, keep'em coming!

Thanks for visitings you'll find you will have many windows of oppurtunities to visit and meet more out their like ourselves!

Yours in Christ!



You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12