Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A simple life is calling my name. I hear it calling in the sweet restful shade of an old tree, the laughter of friends and in the relief a cool breeze brings on a hot summer day. Who ever said more is better? I find such contentment and just plain joy in less. I love the way the Lord just pours out his blessings on us when we take the time to wait and trust in Him. I believe He is leading me into a simple life of living, loving and learning, to bring about His best for me. I am amazed at how a warm gooey home baked cookie can light up the eyes of a child more than any cartoon covered pack of fruit snacks can. How a delightful book read to a precious child not only entertains them for the moment, but for days to come. How a day of playing with childhood friends can be way more fun than an action packed day at a theme park. Who would have thought that everything we need to be happy is all around us. Tents made from sheets strung over chairs, mud puddles, hot chocolate on cold snowy days, laughter and smiles when you need it most. Simple living, simply loving!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen sister, Amen! Love it. Nice to *meet* you ;)



You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12