Thursday, July 2, 2009

Plums

Beautiful & delicious plums!





I love this jar....so cute!!





A man that my husband knows let a dear friend & me come to his house and pick all the plums we wanted for FREE! We didn't really know what to expect...if there would be a few dozen or tons of them. When we got there he told us we could pick from 2 of the trees that were the fullest...and we loaded up. We both came back with HUNDREDS of delicious plums and have been up to our eyeballs in work trying to preserve these things the past 2 days. So far I have put up about 32 cups of plums for pies, made 40 oz of freezer jam, about 3 quarts of regular jam, a large container of juice & a plum pie! I gave some away & I still have a large bowl left that I am trying to decide what to do with .He also gave us a sack of peaches each and I am looking forward to making some tasty jam from those! Thank-you Lord for giving me such a delicious blessing!



4 comments:

Della said...

Looks like you're on the brink of going plum crazy! (forgive the pun, I couldn't resist) Yes, the Lord is certainly good to us.

Leanne said...

You are right Della! I have forgot to pay 2 bills, can't get the house clean...but I did get all the plums put up!

Joy said...

We sure did have tons of plums..glad that over!
I have come down with a horrible nasty head and chest cold, so I am so glad to see my peaches almost done as well, now I have potatoes and a few other little things to tend...ahhh the harvest..lots of work but very rewarding later on!
Joy

Leanne said...

I don't know if I ever want to see another plum, Joy! :-)



You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12