Saturday, March 21, 2009

funny

Recently they came up with a new diagnosis called
A.A.A.D.D. Or Age-Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.
This is how it manifests itself:

I decided to wash my car. As I start toward the garage,
I notice that there is mail on the hall table. I decide to
Go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay my car
Keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the trash
Can under the table, and notice that the trash can is full.
So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take
Out the trash first. But then I think, since I'm going to be
Near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I
May as well pay the bills first.
I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is
Only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in
The study, so I go to my desk where I find the Diet Coke
That I had been drinking. I'm going to look for my
Checks, but first I need to push the Diet Coke aside so
That I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Diet
Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the
Refrigerator to keep it cold.
As I head toward the kitchen with the Diet Coke, a vase
Of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to
Be watered. I set the Diet Coke down on the counter,
And I discover my reading glasses that I've been
Searching for all morning. I decide I better put them
Back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the
Flowers. I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill
A container with water and suddenly I spot the TV
Remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realize
That tonight when we go to watch TV, we will be looking
For the remote, but nobody will remember that it's on
The kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den
Where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.
I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills
On the floor. So, I set the remote back down on the
Table, get some towels and wipe up the spill. Then I
Head down the hall trying to remember what I was
Planning to do.
At the end of the day: the car isn't washed, the bills
Aren't paid, There is a warm can of Diet Coke sitting on
The counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only
One check in my checkbook, I can't find the remote, I
Can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I
Did with the car keys.
Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done
Today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all
Day long, and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious
Problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll
Check my e-mail.
Can anyone relate to that??????????? I sure can!!!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Ummm yeah I can relate to that! LOL very funny story and well that is how my days seem to go lately!
HAHA thanks for the laugh
Joy



You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12